Tuesday, January 28, 2014

still more bears

eBay has been a very dangerous place for me lately... ;) I started looking for a specific stamp set and ended up finding that set and more....
This guy was the first to be created with my new treasure. The body of the bear & his clothes die actually came from Stampin' Up's clearance section for less than what they were going for on eBay. I used up some browns that have been in the scrap file for way to long. The sticker on his shirt is from sandylion. The frog punch in his hand is from Carl. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn. The sketch is from OWH #81. The stripe paper is more SEI. The shirt and pants are die cut from coordinating scraps. I chalked the edges of this little guy to help him stand out from the white of the background die cut, also from Stampin' Up. I also chalked the edge of the background die cut. The chalks have been in the stash for ages & need to see some use. I actually like the softer look of the chalk than the darker, little harsher look of using ink pads for the edging.
Next to be created was this guy. Same Stampin' Up dies for the bear. Nesties for background circle & it's matt. The sentiment stamp is also from Stampin' Up, called Beary Nice Wishes, which also came from an eBay purchase. :) The small heart punch in the sentiment is from an unknown company (it wasn't marked on the punch) and popped up with dimensional adhesive. The papers are all SEI again. Going to get some of it used up yet!! Sketch is from, I don't know..... I didn't write it down for some reason.... Maybe from some Pinterest inspiration?


And another guy.... Same dies and paper. The sentiment is from Hero Arts & is from one of the first sets they did for OWH. The sticker on his shirt, I don't know who made it, it was just in the stash. Sketch is #203 from OWH.

Can we handle 1 more of these guys?
This is the last one I made. Again same dies and paper. Punch in his hand is from Emagination. Sentiment stamp is from Hot Off the Press. Sketch is from decontructing sketch #134. Looking at it now, I may go back and lightly go around the bear with a light grey pen to help him pop just a bit from the light background. What do you think?

Not bad for a weekend that included a day spent at the Ski Club. ;) I am still waiting on the stamp set that started this eBay craziness. Hope to have it by this weekend so I can play while the game is on. :)




1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! I love how you put the sticker on his shirt. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete