Thursday, January 23, 2014

boy bears this time....



The Stampin' up Build a Bear stamps have been on my desk all week & have been getting lots of use. Guess that makes them a good eBay purchase! ;) I started with the stripe paper by SEI. I have a ton of SEI paper that has been aging for years & really want to use some of it up! I thought the bright stripes would go well with a boy image. I colored the body of the bear with copics. His shirt, pants, and balloon are paper pieced from scrapes of SEI paper that coordinate with the stripes. The sentiment is from Doodlebug by Hampton Arts. Sketch used is OWH sketch 29.

Since everything was still out, I picked up the stripe scrapes and decided they needed to be used up. Found OWH sketch #50, and adjusted the stripe width to work with the scrapes I had. Then I moved the bear to the left side so that the bear wasn't waving off the side of the card. The bear was again colored with copics. The skateboard was too, the wheels were colored with a Zig silver pen. The bears shirt and shorts were paper pieced with coordinating scrapes. Sentiment is by Lawn Fawn. I had enough scrapes to make several. :)
Next up will be a card or two made with another eBay purchase-- the Build a Bear dies from Stampin' Up. I hope to get to use the stamps that started this whole eBay purchasing spree soon. Waiting for a hiccup to get straightened out with the seller. :)

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, These bear cards are just sweet! I love the paper piecing to match the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy and VERY creative. All of that paper piecing. So glad I am not the only one that is careful to see that people are not looking, or in your case waving, off the page. Something I learned when scrapbooking. Your stamps have been put to good use here

    ReplyDelete