Sunday, March 10, 2013

some new goodies

Yesterday I took a little road trip. Covered just over 150 miles in 6 1/2 hours. Stopped at 5 new to me, scrapbook & stamp stores. All as part of the Northwest Paper Chase. I had a great day exploring some new shops. Had mostly good experiences at the stores. There were a couple that I wouldn't drive special to go back to though. Customer service was a bit to cold and uppity for me. You don't have to act like my BFF, but don't look down your nose at me like you are better than everyone else in your store. I have to many ways to shop and spend my $$ than to reward that kind of attitude.

Off the soap box now...

One of my finds yesterday--
was this cute guy by Stampendous. I loved the sentiment that came with the oh so cute little monkey. :) The back ground paper is a really old piece from early bo-bunny. The copyright stamp says Jan Lanoy Bo-Bunny Press 1998 on it.... Yikes! I had an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and a few scraps from another card challenge in the scrap file. I thought it worked well with the monkey. Since it is a light weight paper, I matted it with a heavy cardstock. The kite is paper pieced with another old scrap from early Doodlebug. The monkey and grass were colored with copics and then matted with the blue cardstock. The sentiment was matted with the same blue cardstock as the base and popped with Sticky Thumb dimensional adhesive.  OWH sketch #138 was the starting point for this card.

Something new used right away AND scraps & a well aged paper used up!!! YEAH a most productive morning!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable. That paper doesn't show its age at all with your fresh design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how sometimes some old supplies are just perfect with some new ones... As though they were waiting for this specific moment. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete