Tuesday, May 1, 2012

today's share from the land of scraps

I am happy to say that I am sooo glad to be done with these Bo Bunny scraps! It all starts to look the same after a the first dozen cards..... They have been wrangled, used, & the rest recycled! I'll share them all this week for a closer look.

This little guy started with sketch #49 from the Stars & Stamps blog (I really need to branch out and find some new sketches, but these just work so well!). The birds were fussy cut and highlighted with crystal lacquer. I stitched around the outside of the card with my old sewing machine to match the stitching on the paper. Ribbon may be from Bo Bunny too. I don't remember, but I don't think its May Arts.

this guy started with a sketch from www.oz-somestamps.com (its from her archives from 2008) and then changed up a bit to work with the birdies. The birds were again accented with the crystal lacquer. Stitching around outside was done on the sewing machine with only one side of the sentiment sewn down. Sentiment stamp is from TPC Studio.

Last card from this sheet uses the backside of the birds this time. Sketcy #86 was used as a starting point for this card. All edges of the paper were inked using chalk ink. The paper flower is from Bazzill Basics Paper and highlighted with the same ink as used for the edges. Heart shaped brad is from the stash. Sentiment is again from TPC Studios.

Scrap pile is getting smaller & box for Sandy is getting fuller! Thanks for the awesome inspiration Scrap Wrangler!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!

    I'd like to talk with you about making a sample card for our OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge some time in the near future. You can contact me at gonestampin(at)gmail(dot)com

    Thanks, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete