Monday, February 10, 2014

cleaning off the desk...

After last weekends Superbowl/ Cardbowl party, I had to clean up the extra paper before I could break out anything new. So most of this weeks card making was just making more of the same... But there was some new mojo...
The train stamp is from a really old foam stamp set from All Night Media. Sentiment is from Lawn Fawn. Patterned paper is Carolee's Creations. Background is cut using the top note die from Stampin up. Circles are cut with nesties. Sketch is from deconstructed sketch 137.

After all the scraps were cleaned up, sorted, & mostly recycled, I got to break out the stamp set that started the January eBay spree. :) The stamp that was missing finally arrived & I could play!!! Here is the card that inspired the search for the stamp set, it was a daily card share on the OWH facebook page--
Stamping the face was not as easy as it looked. After many, many tries, I was finally able to get these-
The eyes and mouth are stamped directly, the nose was stamped & heat embossed with clear powder and then cut out and glued in place. It was the only way I could get the face to look right. Sentiment is from Lawn Fawn. Circles cut with nesties. Corner punch is from Stampin up. Patterned paper is from Printworks and the pink solid is from SEI.

Since I had a few weeks from when I found the set, to when it all arrived, I've been able to search Pinterest for even more ideas to use this set. Now to find some more time to play.....



1 comment: