Wednesday, August 15, 2012

back to the paper!!

Vacation and traveling is always fun, but I enjoy getting back to my paper and adhesive. :) Last was spent kicking the tires at a few colleges on the Teen's list and MEETING MY NEW NEPHEW!!
He is so tiny compared to what I remember Thomas being, but boy is he a cutie & absolutely perfect!! I can't wait to spoil him as he gets bigger....

We checked out Reed College (outside Portland), Stanford, and Whitman College on our way home. Thomas has a strong preference for the smaller schools. Would like to be one of hundreds not one of thousands. A good thing to know, as we start to narrow the list and look for the $$$ to help cover the costs.

Once we got home & got the car unpacked, I was ready to hit the paper and adhesive again. I was surprised how much I missed my play time. Just a few minutes a day does wonders for me. :)

The patterned paper is more from the Fall Stack from DCWV. Big shape is the debutante frame die cut from memory box. I'm really loving their dies! (I wish I had discovered them earlier! There are tons of really cool dies. I just wish Impress had more sales....) The sentiment stamp is from a Doodlebug set by Hampton Arts. Small layered labels are Nesties. All edges are inked with black bird chalk ink. :) The sketch is one from the OWH blog hop a few weeks ago...

Next up was this guy, using up the last of the sheet of candy corn paper. Border punch is Drippy Goo from Martha Steward. Candy corn die cuts are QuicKutz. Stickers are from the fall sticker stack from DCWV. The green cardstock is also from the coordinating fall cardstock stack. I also did a couple of Love you cards with the same design. I orginally found the sketch for this card on Pinterest.

It feels good to be back playing with paper again! A few more things to do/get for the teen & he's ready to head back to school. Tennis practice starts next week!! How this summer has flown by! I can't believe it's almost over already!

I have a few more cards to share with this stack of paper and then I'm moving on to general winter cards. Just not feeling the Halloween mojo.... Time to move on to something thats working. :)


1 comment:

  1. So glad you had an amazing trip!! Jealous!! :oD
    Oh and your cards are uber cute, as always!!

    ReplyDelete